In this message, we finish our series titled “Mere Christianity” as we conclude with the authority of Scripture, God’s holy Word–that is, the Bible. In this message, Pastor Brian discusses some of the fundamentals of Scripture, including the three understood “i’s” of the Bible.
Mere Christianity: Fundamentals of Scripture—God’s Revealed Truth
2 Timothy 3:12-4:5
- The Fundamental of Scripture’s INSPIRATION (2 Tim. 3:16a).
- Inspired by God’s DIRECTION (2 Tim. 3:16a).
- Inspired by God’s REMEMBRANCE (John 14:26).
- The fundamental of the Scripture’s INFALLIBILITY—theological (2 Tim. 3:16b; 4:1-5).
- Infallible in DOCTRINE (3:16b; 4:1-5).
- Infallible in DEED (3:16c-17).
- The fundamental of the Scripture’s INERRANCY—historical (2 Tim. 3:16c; 14-15; 4:1).
- Inerrant by ORIGIN (originating with Christ) (3:14).
- Inerrant by CONTINUITY (3:15a).
- Inerrant by EMPOWERMENT (3:15b).
The Bellator Christi Podcast is a production of BellatorChristi.com and is protected under Creative Commons copyright. All rights reserved. The theme is the song “Epic” produced royalty free by Bensound Studios found at Bensound.com. The views expressed on this podcast may not represent those of Bellator Christi or its affiliates. Be sure to subscribe to BellatorChristi.com to receive all the articles and podcasts in your inbox for free. Also, be sure to check out The Bellator Christi Podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, and Stitcher and subscribe for free.
(c) 2017. Bellator Christi.