We have been going through a series discussing the fundamentals of the Christian faith. The series has adopted the name from C. S. Lewis’ classic work, Mere Christianity. Thus far, we have noted the following crucial doctrines:
1) God is exclusive, eternal, transcendent (beyond creation), and personal (working within creation).
2) Jesus is 100% God and 100% human in his identity.
3) Jesus’ death was sufficient so that the world could be saved, but efficient that the elect would be saved.
Today, we discuss one of the most important doctrines of the Christian faith–the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In order to build a solid Christian worldview, it is crucial to understand that Jesus arose from the dead in a literal and physical manner. But what evidence do we have to suggest such a thing truly occurred? In today’s message, Pastor Brian provides 5 evidences found within the Gospel of John chapter 20 for the resurrection of Jesus. Please note, this message only scratches the surface of the great evidence that exists for the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.
Join us today in a message first given at Huntsville Baptist Church for “Evidences for Jesus’ Resurrection.”
Mere Christianity: Fundamentals of Jesus’ Resurrection—Evidences for Jesus’ Resurrection
John 20:1-20, 24-30
- Jesus’ resurrection was evident by the EMPTY TOMB (John 20:1-10).
- Jesus’ resurrection was evident by the TESTIMONY OF WOMEN (John 20:11-18).
- Jesus’ resurrection was evident by the MULTIPLE EYEWITNESSES (John 20:19-20; 1 Cor. 15:3-6).
- Jesus’ resurrection was evident by the CHANGED LIVES (John 20:24-29; 1 Cor. 15:7-9).
- Jesus’ resurrection was evident by the POST-RESURRECTION MIRACLES (John 20:30-31; 21:1-14; Acts 1:3).
***Big thanks to Steven Phillips of Huntsville Baptist Church for the sound upgrade to the messages delivered on the podcast!!!***
The Bellator Christi Podcast is a production of BellatorChristi.com and is protected under Creative Commons copyright. All rights reserved. The theme is the song “Epic” produced royalty free by Bensound Studios found at Bensound.com. The song at the close of the message is the song “Just As I Am” played by Patsy Booe. Be sure to subscribe to BellatorChristi.com to receive all the articles and podcasts in your inbox for free. Also, be sure to check out The Bellator Christi Podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, and Stitcher and subscribe for free.
(c) 2017. Bellator Christi.