Apologetics is the enterprise of defending a set of beliefs or a worldview. Anyone who defends a particular belief is called an apologist. Atheists themselves have apologists. Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss, and Sam Harris are among the more notable atheist apologists of our time. Christianity has its apologists, too. William Lane Craig, Gary Habermas, Frank Turek, and Ravi Zacharias are among the most notable of modern apologists. Whereas theologians and philosophers have greatly embraced Christian apologetics, it is quite bizarre that the church has remained slow (or even negligent) to the Christian apologetic movement. With the ever-increasing assault on the most cherished of Christian beliefs and the increasing number of youth leaving the church, it is more important than ever that the church embraces Christian apologetics.
Joining us today on our podcast is Rob Lundberg. Mr. Lundberg received his M.Div. from Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary, studied computer science and philosophy of religion at Oklahoma Baptist University, and his certification in Christian apologetics from Biola University. He works as the Ratio Christi chapter director at Germanna Community College in Fredricksburg, Virginia as well as a sales consultant at Huber Motors. Mr. Lundberg is the founder and director of The Real Issue Apologetics Ministry and has previously served in the role as pastor. Join us today for The Bellator Christi Podcast as we enter into the arena of ideas.
- Introduction. (0.00)
- Tell us about how you came to faith in Christ. (7:15)
- When we speak about apologetics, what are we referencing (for first-time listeners)? (18:00)
- Why is apologetics necessary for modern Christianity? (22:25)
- What are some of the greatest intellectual challenges facing our youth today? (29:07)
- What apologetics arguments do you find most useful in answering these challenges? (38:17)
- Is apologetics useful for evangelism? If so, why? (43:20)
- How can the church become better involved in the apologetics enterprise? (45:44)
- Tell us about Ratio Christi and your work with them. (47:30)…broken connection…picks back up at (48:13)
- Outro. (55:15)
To learn more about Ratio Christi, visit ratiochristi.org.
The Bellator Christi Podcast is a production of BellatorChristi.com and is protected under Creative Commons Copyright. All rights reserved. The views expressed on this podcast are those of its authors and do not necessarily represent Bellator Christi or its affiliates. For more information about Bellator Christi contact us at email@example.com. The theme is the song “Epic” and presented royalty free by Bensound Studios and can be found at Bensound.com. Join us on iTunes, Stitcher, and the TuneIn Radio app and be sure to subscribe.
© 2017. Bellator Christi.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Bellator Christi