Much of the Bible is narrative which presents a historical record of events. Archaeology scientifically observes data that can clarify, affirm, or illuminate events of the past. But does the archaeological record coincide with the biblical record? In this episode of The Bellator Christi Podcast, we are joined by archaeologist Ted Wright. Mr. Wright graduated from the Cobb Institute of Archaeology at Mississippi State University and received a Master of Arts in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary. Mr. Wright has been featured on the CNN’s program Jesus: Faith, Fact, or Forgery and the History Channel’s program Mankind: the Story of All of Us. This episode will present evidence supporting the biblical claim for the Exodus and for many of the details of the Christmas story.
1. If you would, share with everyone how you came to Christ. (2:25)
2. The Exodus has often been challenged by critical scholars. What has led to such skepticism? (4:30)
3. What is the best date for the Exodus? (12:33)
4. Who most likely fits as the Pharaoh at the time of the Exodus? (25:30)
5. As an archaeologist, have you found evidence in favor of the biblical account of the Exodus? (27:00)
6. Why don’t we hear more about this evidence in popular and Christian circles? (37:00)
7. Three things that archaeology can do for the biblical text. (39:35)
—————————————-End of Part 1——————————————————————–
8. There are several theories out, but do you think that the Exodus occurred at the Red Sea or the Sea of Reeds? (40:55)
9. Where do you suppose Mt. Sinai is located? (45:22)
10. Is there any archaeological support for the Christmas story? (49:49)Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Bellator Christi