About Pastor Brian:
- Graduate of Liberty University School of Divinity in 2015 with a Master of Divinity in Theological Studies (recipient of the Gold Medallion, summa cum laude).
- Graduate of Gardner-Webb University with a Bachelor of Science in Religious Studies and Philosophy in 2011 (with honors, inducted in the Gamma Beta Upsilon Chapter of the Alpha Sigma Lambda society recognizing academic honors).
- Graduate of Fruitland Baptist Bible Institute in 1998 with an Associate in Religion/Church Ministry.
- Earned from Biola University the Certificate in Christian Apologetics in July of 2016.
- Future plans include earning a doctorate in the realm of theology, philosophy, or apologetics.
- Hobbies include being an avid weightlifter, football fanatic (especially for his beloved Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers, and Liberty Flames), studying theology and philosophy, fantasy football, and spending time with his family.
- Favorite dessert: chocolate ice cream and banana fudge milkshakes from Cookout.
- Favorite Bible verse: Romans 8:31.
- Accepted as a full member of the International Society of Christian Apologetics in March of 2017.
- Testimony: Pastor Brian came to know the Lord around the age of 7. At the age of 16, Brian accepted the call into ministry. However, beginning in early 2000, Pastor Brian left the ministry for 7 years and nearly became an agnostic due to doubts pertaining to the reliability of the Bible and the hypocritical behavior by some Christians that he knew. He came back to a strong, vibrant faith after encountering Josh McDowell’s book The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict and Lee Strobel’s book The Case for Christ. In July of 2007, Pastor Brian was rescued by the grace of God after being caught in a massive lightning storm that lasted 30 minutes while being trapped in an exterior building. After God delivered him from what should have been a direct hit by a lightning bolt, Brian surrendered to the call to ministry once more.
Bellator Christi (Latin for “Soldier of Christ”) will seek to serve in three areas:
- the first function of Bellator Christi will be to take the theological sword–that is, the website teach and promote the classical Christian view of God;
- the second function of Bellator Christi will be to take the apologetic shield–that is, the website will defend the classic Christian worldview by demonstrating the evidence for and reasonability behind the Christian worldview and will defend the Christian faith against the misconceptions of those opposed to the faith by the use of classical apologetics (Pastor Brian is a rationalist as he feels that truth is knowable);
- and finally, the third function of Bellator Christi will be to evaluate social and political issues through the lens of an evangelical Christian worldview.
Therefore, Bellator Christi’s main mission is to employ apologetics evangelism for the glory of God.
Most articles are written and published on Mondays and Tuesdays. Occasionally, as is demanded, articles are written on Fridays. Be sure to check out The Bellator Christi Podcast at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pastorbrianchilton which airs live every Monday at 12 noon.
***Note: While comments and questions are thoroughly welcomed, it should be noted that all comments are reviewed before publication. The expression of ideas, even those that may differ from the author’s, are welcome; however, abusive comments, especially those that simply attack “ad hominem,” and/or comments that employ foul language will not be permitted. The confrontation and the discussion of ideas are permissible and encouraged; the assault of individuals is not.***
See the following links:
The Bellator Christi Podcast: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pastorbrianchilton
Pastor Brian is also on Twitter @ Brian_Chilton.
Bellator Christi is also on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/bellatorchristi.